The Good, The Bad And The Ugly: Press Coverage in Times of Crisis and the Transformation of European Journalism
Observers or Players in politics?
“Examining the aggressive reporting which reproduced stereotypes between Greece and Germany, or more recently, where 80% of the audience of the printed press in Britain was in favor of Brexit (media which hardly explained the consequences of any decision), the organizers invite the citizens to have a discussion with media representatives from various countries.“
- Serge Schmemann, member of the editorial board, The New York Times
- Mathias Müller von Blumencron, editor-in-chief, digital media Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- Simon Wilson, Editor Europe Bureaux for BBC News
- Brigitte Alfter, director of Journalismfund
- Pavlos Tsimas, journalist, SΚΑΙ Radio & TV
- Elina Makri, journalist and Oikomedia co-founder
- Tabea Grzeszyk, journalist and Hostwriter co-founder
The event was organized with the support of Tandem Europe, an initiative which was developed by the European Cultural Foundation (Amsterdam), and MitOst e.V.(Berlin) together with Fondazione Cariplo (Milan). It was financially supported by Robert Bosch Stiftung (Stuttgart) and Stavros Niarchos Foundation (Athens).